Sunday, March 27, 2011

Potty Training


I am happy for Jadyn! Three days in a row now she uses the bathroom to do the number 2. I swear we started potty training her since she was two. When we went to the Philippines I really thought she will get off the diaper completely but the scenario there is very different here so I let her wear diaper when she poops. Toilets there aren't clean plus there is no decent seat, how could a baby sit on the toilet if the bowl itself is too big for her bottom so I forgive her for doing it in her diaper.

When we were back here, I started the potty training again seriously yet she insisted in doing it in a tiny corner with diaper on. There were days when she pooped at least 2 or 3 times a day which was very upsetting. Not only I was tired of fixing her stinky bottom but also it was frustrating bec. the girl showed no interest in using the bathroom.

But then, we kept telling her she's a big girl now, a big sister and  a big Princess... that maybe encouraged her to do her thing in the bathroom. We couldn't be happier for when she feels like doing it, she now voluntarily go to the toilet and do it. What a relief. I don't have to deal with stinky poop anymore, wiping and changing diapers to a big girl like her is no fun anymore. Way to go Jadyn! Another milestone you've accomplished. I guess now we can move on to get you to reading so you'll be ready for school in two years!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...