Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Will Never Forget

.....the day I became a US Citizen. September 14,2010 was the very day I never thought America would open its door for me to be equal in all rights, duties and responsibilities in this country.. There were 55 countries and 92 candidates to be naturalized that day including me. It was such an awesome experience for me!

The countries got the most number of candidates were Mexico and India. As for the Philippines, there were only two of us. Can you imagine the number of people who become citizens everyday in all 50 states?
.....photo above is the officer explaining what how we should properly sign our name in the certificate and the do's and don'ts of handling it...the one below is of us falling in line about to submit or surrender our Green Card or what we call Permanent Resident Card to the USCIS officers...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...