Sunday, January 10, 2010

In The Kitchen For 2 Days

So what's up with our kitchen lately? I mean it's so strange of me to stay in the kitchen for 2 consecutive days. I mean literally I spent whole days in that part of the house, but why? Well, the story is this, it's been a long long time since our last visit to the Asian Market and finally my husband brought me over there last Friday. As I felt like I've been deprived of native filipino food, I got as much stuff I could find at the market so I can have a taste of my desired pinoy food again. We spent $75 just for my stuff alone... kind of ouch knowing that prices in that market are way too low compared at American stores.

Then Saturday and Sunday came, I started cooking pinakbet for our breakfast, made lumpia as soon as I finished feeding my family then unpacking some of the dishes that we have that lasted for hours as I put them in the washer at the same time cleaning the counter tops.

Sunday followed which is today, I started at 11 again IN THE KITCHEN to cook breakfast. I came up with oatmeal, fried egg and two egg rolls for my husband and I made myself some ginisang pusit that is enough for the entire 3 meals of the day. Afterwards, I sat down on my computer for half an hour, walked the baby outisde real quick, put her to bed and back to the kitchen again putting up cabinet liners(not even through yet, had to stop) and started wrapping my banana with lumpia wrapper, cooked some of it for our afternoon snack and finished off the unpacking of the dishes and put them in the washer again. And when I'm done with the dishes I also rearranged some stuff inside the cabinet that took forever to finish.

I tell you what? I am too exhausted now and the kitchen is still a mess. Good thing though I've no boss around(mama) to demand me what to do so I can just leave it as it is for now. Surely my husband will understand that I am tired and won't mind the mess I leave behind.

3 comments:

JK said...

Yes we have pleanty of snow, you want to share some of it?? lol
well it is way to cold here atleast for me... My granddaidhter was born on the coldest day of the year so far...

PinayWAHM said...

Ay nagutom naman ako sa pinakbet at pusit na niluto mo Mommy Anne....pwede bang magpadala ka dito...hehe...

Ay naku nanginginig pati ata atay at balun-balunan ko sa sobrang ginaw dito. Di kami sanay sa ganitong lamig...

Hope your week is off to a great start Mommy Anne...

Mommy J

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

You had pinakbet for breakfast? wow it must be a heavy breakfast lol bte, thanks for dropping by my site ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...