Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two Hours Of Darkness

I can't believe I literally experienced the 2 hours of darkness in my life. We were in the kitchen, me and my baby were heating the leftover food for dinner when suddenly a short circuit happened that caused all the lights got turned off suddenly. Even the microwave stopped and the rest of the appliances.

The whole house went so dark, too dark to see anything. I didn't know where to find the flashlight so I walked like a blind carrying my baby, very careful not to step on to something and used the feel and touch senses I have just to find the flashlight that I got no idea where it is. I went to the bedroom and there I found the small flashlight and walked to the computer room where our phone is and trying to dial my husband's cellphone number.

To my dismay, I couldn't call him. No phone service, no internet, can't ask any of my friend to let my husband know that we're in the dark and I got no cellphone of my own either. The very light we have is the one in the living room and the flashlight. No tv, no other things to do to entertain myself and the baby.

I told myself, well, we can get through it, it's only 2 hours before my husband will arrive and eventually we'll be back to normal. Good thing though that my baby isn't afraid of the dark so it was just easy for me to take care of her while the lights were out. Put her to bed, gave her milk and went to sleep right away.

Now, I am thankful for I am back to using the computer again and hubby is home, me-- happy again.

3 comments:

Samantha Ysabelle said...

hala, kahadlok pud. basi nag overload mo gang kay nag-andar tanan electricals. glad though that you both are safe. merry xmas to you and the family! wishing you the warmth and wonder of the Christmas season! hugs!

Kikamz
Just About Anything

Joro Livelihood said...

Just to say HELLO and Merry Christmas to all. Peace on Earth.

I need your help. Pls vote for me by clicking this link Joro Livelihood,locate TOP PINOY EXPATS 2008,which is located in the sidebar and then, check the boxes no. 19, Joro Livelihood and no. 5, Euroangel, then, press submit. Thanks.
Ronel Livelihood
Joro, The New Beginning
Absolutely Joro
The World Of Joro
The Tale Of A Bukidnon Lad
Baconchezjoro Multiply

Nicole Orriƫns said...

That sounds quite frightening! Good for you for keeping your head cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...