Monday, January 3, 2011

Rain Barrels

Rain is farmers friend. Without rain, their plants or crops won't survive so it is such a blessing for them when it rains at least once or twice a week. That is how farmers survive especially in secluded provinces where the source of water is limited or if there are flowing water from the mountain the problem is their farm is located far away from where the water is.

I can tell how difficult it is without abundant rain. Just like in my grandmother's place, they use rain water in the toilet, to wash off dirty tools or other stuff that don't need clean water. They got a few
rain barrels and or rain water barrels in order collect rain water that drips from their roof. When I left their place last week, I could see how worrying that was because their rain water is getting low and there was no sign yet as to when it was going to rain again.

On a side note, I would like to look at rain barrels for sale elsewhere so I can bring some to my other grandma's house when we visit her this weekend so then they can also do the same way. Although their water isn't that far from their house but they'll have to pay every pail of water they get from the neighbor's faucet so collecting rain water in a rain barrel is a good idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...