Monday, January 17, 2011

A Holiday Travel Lesson Learned

Guest post of the week by Deangelo Spencer

The holiday season is when I do all my traveling. My parents moved to Florida ten years ago and my sister moved out west after college for work. I still live in New England, near my brother. Last year it was my mother's turn to host the family for Thanksgiving. I made my usual list of things I had to do before I left for the week. You know, empty the fridge, have a friend collect the mail, set the security alarm (check it out), important things. Though I remembered all that I ended up forgetting the most important thing; I forgot to put my purse in my carry-on! I'm at the airport, my taxi has already left, I'm in a sea of people with my luggage, no identification, and no plane tickets! The plane was surely going to leave without me if I had to catch another cab, go all the way home, and come back. I was in a panic. I know I had tears in my eyes. Luckily, I had my cell phone on me. I called my neighbor, the one who I had given an emergency key to my house while I was away. She was home and able to bring me my purse. Just in time, too. I had to run to the gate, like in the movies. I'll never do that again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...