Monday, December 18, 2006

My American Family

Dear Diary,

It's Monday again and start of the week for me sitting in the computer all day.As all you know,I have no job yet and not going to school either.So to keep myself occupied I clean the house a little bit then on the computer.

Enough all that...today's entry is about how we spent our weekend at my brother inlaw's house....

I had a great time spending our weekend down to Austin,Texas where my brother inlaw lives.Hubby drove 3 and 1/2 hours to Austin on Saturday for me to meet his brother David and Anina for the first time and for the sons to discuss the very important things over about Dad's moving in San Antonio(he is currently living in Southern part of California and planning to move closer to his sons.)

This is going to be tough for the sons for they gonna help their dad settled and take care of the things that he might left in California especially with the paper works need to be done before he can completely live to Texas. With this going to happen, I observed the brothers(Sandy and David) trying to help their dad in all his decisions,giving him all their support.With that being said,I somehow admire them because I can sense that they're really showing care and concerns about their dad's welfare. "Bisan diay Amerikano sila naa pud diay sila pagtagad ug pagpakabana sa ilang papa!" Ug ako nagngisi sa tago.



While on the road,I was thinking how it is like to be meeting his brother for the first time knowing that he is one of the sons of his mother..toink mura ko buang alangan kinsang anak? Cause the case is my mother inlaw doesn't know yet that Sandy and I have been married for 2 yrs.and that David had kept this secret to his mother eventhough Vera--the mother is always asking if her older son is remarried.Ug ni asked lagi favor akong bana to just keep it hidden so he just follow what his older brother said kay kuno mangita pami ug perfect timing on how we gonna reveal our marriage to Vera.

I was kind of kulba you know? Kulba on how David gonna accept me for his brother. But it went great upon stepping right in their door step.Anina the wife was indeed a nice and pretty looking woman who gave me her smile.




After biso biso with Anina I go to my dadddy and kumbayot ko because I was happy to see him again. Sa may kilid,the brother David--whoaa cute and limpyo looking man was just waiting for me and said hi.Tuod andam na iyang smile para naku but I was kinda hesitant and felt awkward...maybe because kato pami nagkita or 'coz of something else. Duhhhhh we talked a little bit and went out for dinner.

Since,we didn't bring any presents for them,hubby treat the family out to dinner ug mao nalang kuno among pinaskohan sa ila which is good...kay nagkatipo in celebrating Christmas together..in advance lang noon. I could say that even my filipino family was not here atleast my American family was here for Christmas completo na noon akong pasko...diba nice?



On the second day in Austin,Daddy and the couple David and Anina gave us Christmas presents...wow I did not know nga sa pag adto namu makapamasko diay mi.Uwaw gud pero bahala na mo bawi lang unya ko sunod ug nana koy diyot.

Haay so that's all it..I really had a great time with them and hoping we could see again if not sooner then later...

Photos below are pics of us outside Marco Polo just about to go to dinner..and a little hug from my father in-law...I like him coz he approved of our marriage..and he is a fair nice guy!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...