Saturday, December 31, 2011

Making a Halloween mummy costume for my little monster

Guest post written by Abigail Burke

One of my favorite times of the year is Halloween. I've always loved scary movies and haunted houses, so it's like this season was made especially for me! I think that my kids are the same way because they see how enthusiastic I get about the season.

I asked them a few weeks ago what they wanted to be for Halloween. My daughter told me that she wanted to be a mummy, so I used our wireless internet Pittsburgh to look online for some good costume designs to use to make her costume. I did find several things and decided to base her version off of all the ones that I found.

I thought that it would be cute to make her a little mummy dress and leggings instead of pants and a shirt. So I'm working on sewing all of the torn strips onto her leggings and dress for it. She's pretty girly, so I thought that this would be a great way to reconcile that for this costume. Plus, it's so much cuter than the regular versions!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...